DR. SHERIFAT TOLULOPE AKINDELE
ACTING DEPUTY RECTOR
Dr. Sherifat Tolulope Akindele was born on 12th May, 1979 to the family of Mr. & Mrs. S. A. Raufu who hail from Abeokuta South Local Government Area of Ogun State. She is the first child of a family of five (5) children.
Dr. S. T. Akindele started her formal education from Ladi-Lak Institute, Yaba from 1986 to 1990. She thereafter proceeded to Reagan Memorial Baptist Girls’ Secondary School, Sabo, Yaba from 1985-1996 after which she gained admission to pursue a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Microbiology at Ogun State University, Ago-Iwoye from 1998 to 2002. In her quest for an improved academic prowess, she attended the prestigious University of Ibadan from 2004 to 2006 where she bagged a Master of Science (M.Sc) in Microbiology. Dr. Akindele also added more feathers to her cap in 2021; when she bagged a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Microbiology from Babcock University, Ilishan Remo.
Dr. Sherifat Tolulope Akindele joined the services of The Polytechnic now Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic, Ijebu Igbo in 2007 as Lecturer III in the Department of Science Laboratory Technology and has since, risen through the ranks/cadres to her present status. This unalloyed feat was undoubtedly achieved with a noticeable degree of hard work, decisiveness and relentlessness.
Dr. Akindele is a valued and esteemed member of the Academia with profound understanding of Polytechnic administration spanning over fifteen (15) years. As an administrator, she has served Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic, Ijebu-Igbo in various capacities as follows:
- Coordinator, PRE-ND and A-Level Programme
- Member, Staff Disciplinary Committee
- Member, NBTE Accreditation Committee
- Acting and Substantive Director, School of Science
- Chairperson, Students’ Disciplinary Committee
- Member of the Academic Board
- Member, Condition of Service Committee
- Managing Editor, Polytechnic Multi-Disciplinary Journal
- Member, Staff Training and Development Committee
- Chairperson, Polytechnic Research Committee
- Member, Polytechnic Venture Committee
- Director, Academic Planning and Statistics
- Member, Quality Assurance Committee
- Chairperson, Board of Trustee Abraham Adesanya Alumni Association
- Director, School of Management and Business Studies and presently the Acting Deputy Rector.
Dr. S. T. Akindele is a member of several professional bodies such as the Science Association of Nigeria; Parasitology and Public Health Society of Nigeria; American Society for Microbiology; Society for Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology among others.
She has hitherto attended many conferences and workshops both locally and internationally. She has published to her credit, over thirty (30) journal articles, four (4) books and twenty seven (27) conference papers of reputable standards.
Dr. Sherifat Tolulope Akindele is happily married and blessed with three (3) promising children.